Päivi Tammilehto has extensive experience in all fields of competition law. She advises our international and Finnish clients in merger control procedures, antitrust issues, and state aid cases. Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Päivi worked in the international competition law group of a global law firm. Before transitioning into private practice in 2017, Päivi lead antitrust investigations and proceedings for the national competition authority.
In addition to her legal degree, Päivi also has a master’s degree in economics for competition law.
Veolia Services Suomi Oy, Metsä Fibre
Veolia Services Suomi Oy’s project to build a crude methanol processing plant in connection with Metsä Fibre's Äänekoski bioproduct mill plant in Äänekoski
Value not public
Counsel to Veolia Services Suomi Oy
Gasgrid Finland Oy, Excelerate Energy
Gasgrid Finland Oy's chartering of an LNG Floating Storage and Regasification Unit from Excelerate Energy.
EUR 460 million
Counsel to Gasgrid Finland Oy
- ‘Päivi Tammilehto is absolutely the best professional that I have worked with. She has extremely wide knowledge about competition legislation and she has a very professional way to tell us what would be the best thing for our company. Päivi is my top person who I turn to whenever I need any kind of legal advice.’, Legal 500, 2020
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2022–
- Counsel, Senior Associate, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd, 2017–2022
- Master of Arts, Economics for Competition Law, King’s College London, 2013–2014
- Post Graduate Diploma, Economics for Competition Law, King’s College London, 2010–2011
- Head of Research, Senior Research Officer, Research Officer, Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, 2002–2017
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2002