Jari advises clients in the fields of banking, securities, corporate, and commercial law, and he has over twenty years of experience in banking, investment, and securities regulatory issues, securities infrastructures, and corporate financing transactions, including securities offerings and M&A transactions.
Finnish counsel to Brite AB.
Counsel to various UK based banks, fund managers and investment firms as well as Nordic and international entities on their Brexit planning in Finland and Sweden
Counsel to various UK based investment firms and banks on applying for post-Brexit authorisation from the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority.
Counsel to various alternative investment fund managers on Finnish and Swedish licencing applications and notification requirements, and assisted in their licence or notification processes with the Finnish and Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority
Counsel to UBS Europe SE in Finnish financial regulatory matters.
Finnish counsel to CLS.
Commonwealth Bank (Seller), Colonial First State Global Asset Management (Target), Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Buyer)
Commonwealth Bank's sale of its global asset management business, Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM), to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
AUD 4.1 billion
Counsel to Commonwealth Bank
CapMan Infra (Bidder), Elenia Group (Target)
CapMan Infra signed to invest in Elenia, a leading Finnish electricity network and district heat company
EUR 70 million
Counsel to CapMan Infra
- "He is always keen to address specific client needs and has a very good understanding of the needs of in-house counsel. A great technical expert, very responsive and displays a good sense of humour.", IFLR1000, 2020
- Ranked as one of the recommended Global Leaders in the Who's Who Legal, Banking - Regulation (Finland) 2020 edition
- Ranked in Banking & Finance, Finland, Chambers Global, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- 'Jari Tukiainen wins particular acclaim from peers for his regulatory expertise', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015
- Ranked among the best lawyers in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions (Helsinki: Corporate Law) of Best Lawyers®
- '..recognised for his strength in the regulatory aspects of financing and capital markets cases.", Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2014
- 'Clients commend Jari Tukiainen for being as impressive, available and easy to deal with.', Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2013
- 'Clients commend Jari Tukiainen for his availability', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2013
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2012
- Leading practitioner, Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2011
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2011
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2010
- 'Specialist partner Jari Tukiainen has expertise in relevant regulatory matters and is described by clients as “deal-oriented and not afraid of finding out new ways to solve problems.”' Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2010
- Leading Lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR 1000, 2009
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
Education and Professional Background
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, 2003
- General Counsel, eQ Online Corporation, 1999 – 2000
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 1996 – 1999 and 2000 – 2003
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 1992 – 1996
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 1992