Ricardo practices in the Dispute Resolution Group with a special focus on cross-border disputes. He represents clients in international and domestic commercial arbitration proceedings. Ricardo has particular experience of M&A, telecommunications, contractual, and construction disputes. In addition, Ricardo also advises clients on enforcement proceedings.
His past work experience includes investment arbitration proceedings.
Ricardo has also acted as an arbitrator in an international dispute under the FAI Rules.
In addition to his experience at Hannes Snellman, Ricardo has worked with international arbitration and litigation at another major Finnish law firm and at a leading international arbitration practice in Switzerland.
- Ranked in the non-partner category of Who’s Who Legal 2022: Future Leaders — Arbitration
- Ranked in the non-partner category of Who’s Who Legal 2021: Future Leaders — Arbitration
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF) — Chair (January 2022 – present) and Co-Chair (March 2021 – Jan 2022)
- Association Suisse d´Arbitrage (ASA) below 40 — Member
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (ICC YAF) — Member
- Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (ICCA) — Member
- Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA) — Member
- Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA) — Nordic-Baltic Chapter — Founding Member and Secretary of the Board (December 2017 – 2019)
- The European Law Students’ Association (Brussels, Belgium) — Treasurer of the International Board (July 2011 – July 2012)
- The ELSA Development Foundation (Brussels, Belgium) — Chairman (July 2011 – July 2012
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman Attorneys, 2022–
- Senior Associate, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys, 2021
- Associate, Dittmar & Indrenius Attorneys, 2016–2020
- Trainee, International Arbitration Group, Lalive, Geneva, Switzerland 2015–2016
- FAI (Arbitration Institute of the Finland Chamber of Commerce) Arbitration Academy, 2021
- LL.M., University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law, specialisation in international business law, 2015
- LL.B., University of Lisbon, Faculty of Law, 2011
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Speaker at FIBS (Finnish Business Society) Pinnalla juridiikassa Webinar — 6 October 2021 — Climate Change Risk Mitigation: Why should your company care about what is happening in the Hague District Court?
- Speaker at Helsinki Pre-Moot Webinar 2021 — 25 February 2021 — Virtual Hearings: Objections by Counsel and Oral Advocacy
- Speaker at the Club Español del Arbitraje and Young Arbitration Club Finland Seminar — 22 May 2019 —Arbitration hearings — What else is in the room?
- Speaker at Helsinki International Arbitration Day — 26 May 2016 — First Panel Discussion: Digitalization and Cybersecurity — New Challenges to International Arbitration?