Juuso works in the Dispute Resolution Group. He advises clients mainly in the field of construction as well as general contract and company law disputes and assists in advocating commercial cases before state courts and arbitral tribunals.
Juuso joined the firm as a trainee in 2020 and was appointed as an associate upon his graduation. Juuso has also gained work experience from other private and public sector employers. Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Juuso worked at the Cabinet of the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
Hannes Snellman acted as counsel to NYAB Finland Oy in court proceedings to contest the termination of two construction contracts, relating to construction of a water treatment facility, where NYAB Finland Oy was the contractor and the City of Mikkeli was the employer. Mikkeli terminated the contracts mid-construction in March 2020. In December 2022, the Etelä-Savo District Court ruled that Mikkeli had no grounds for termination and awarded NYAB Finland Oy EUR 8.8 million (out of a claimed EUR 9.3 million) in damages, unpaid work, and costs, plus interest. Following the District Court ruling, the parties agreed on a settlement, whereby Mikkeli does not appeal and pays NYAB Finland Oy the sums awarded by the District Court plus interest up to a total of EUR 9.2 million.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Young Arbitrators Club Finland
- Young Arbitrators Sweden
- The Finnish Insolvency Law Association
- The Law Society of Finland
- Member of the Future Committee of the Association of Finnish Lawyers, 2019
Education and Professional Background
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2022–
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2022
- Associate Trainee & Thesis Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2021
- KM Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2020–2021
- Trainee, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, 2019–2020
- Trainee, Are Oy, 2019