Philip Thorell advises clients in all types of competition law matters, such as merger control, compliance, and investigations. He regularly acts as counsel to clients in matters before competition authorities, including many of the Swedish Competition Authority’s largest investigations in recent years.
Furthermore, Philip advises clients in all aspects of public procurement law, including in reviewing and preparing tenders, reviewing procurement documents, managing contacts and negotiations with authorities, day-to-day advice in relation to public contracts and public procurement aspects in M&A. He also represents clients in court procedures connected to public procurements.
- Recognized as recommended lawyer, EU & Competition, Legal500, 2021
- Clients describe Philip as “very talented” and “very responsive and competent.”, EU & Competition, Legal500, 2021
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association, 2020
- ´Swedish Merger Control Under the Thresholds – the ”particular grounds” rule, its implications and inevitable demise”, Europarättslig tidsskrift, 2019
- Upphandling av idéburna offentliga partnerskap och icke-ekonomiska tjänster av allmänt intresse, Upphandlingsrättslig tidskrift, 2017
Education and Professional Background
- Managing Associate, Hannes Snellman, Sweden, 2022
- Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Sweden, 2021 - 2022
- Associate, Baker McKenzie, 2016 – 2021
- Trained on the Bench, Administrative Court of Malmö, 2014 – 2016
- Master of Laws/ Jur. kand. (LL.M.), Stockholm University, 2013