Joakim specialises in domestic and international taxation of individuals. Joakim has advised customers especially on matters relating to relocation and cross-border taxation of individuals, as well as employer obligations and social security contributions in assignment setups. He has gained experience in the implementation of key person remuneration such as bonus programmes, share awards, options, and RSUs. Furthermore, Joakim is familiar with tax litigations and advises customers on tax pre-rulings, correction claims, complaints to boards of corrections and administrative courts, tax inspections, etc.
Joakim has worked at the University of Helsinki as a doctoral student and lecturer in fiscal law, with special focus on international taxation of individuals. He graduated as a Master of Laws in 2005 from the University of Helsinki and as a Doctor of Laws in 2013 with a published doctoral dissertation concerning situations of dual residence in the taxation of individuals. As a lecturer, Joakim taught several courses mainly in tax law. Joakim has also co-published two tax law books intended for teaching purposes.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of Juridiska Föreningen i Finland
- Tuloverotus. 8. uudistettu painos. Talentum Pro. Helsinki 2016. Authors: Andersson, Edward – Linnakangas, Esko – Frände, Joakim.
- Inledning till skatterätten. Åttonde upplagan. Forum Iuris. Helsingfors 2014. Authors: Andersson, Edward – Frände, Joakim.
- Doctoral thesis, Monograph: Dubbelboende vid beskattningen av fysiska personer. Monografi. Suomalainen Lakimiesyhdistys. Helsinki 2013.
- Several articles in different journals.
- Participation in updating the annually published book Elinkeinoverotus by KPMG.
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2020–
- Tax & Legal Manager at KPMG, 2017–2020
- Research and Lecturer, 2013–2017
- Doctor of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2013
- Doctoral Student, University of Helsinki, 2005–2013
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2005