Viktor practices in the Dispute Resolution group. He represents clients in commercial disputes in both national courts and arbitral tribunals and provides general conflict management advise. Viktor has particular experience of project delivery and construction related disputes as well as corporate disputes, such as share redemption proceedings. He also advises clients in insolvency and enforcement proceedings. In addition to representing clients in proceedings, Viktor has acted as an administrative secretary in arbitral proceedings under FAI and SCC rules.
On top of his experience at Hannes Snellman, Viktor has trained on the bench at the District Court of Länsi-Uusimaa, acting as a trainee judge in several civil and criminal cases. Before joining Hannes Snellman, Viktor worked at a boutique law firm specialising in dispute resolution and conflict management.
Counsel to an international consortium in arbitral proceedings concerning the redemption of minority shares in a Finnish listed software company following a public tender offer.
Counsel to a client in multi-million euro appeal proceedings regarding the redemption of minority shareholders of a major Finnish company, successfully overturning the arbitral award.
Successfully represented a client in court proceedings against a multi-million arbitral award enforcement request.
Counsel to a Nordic company against a Central European counterpart in a multimillion-euro SCC arbitration and obtained funding for said client.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Young Arbitration Club Finland, member
- The Law Society of Finland, member
- The Finnish Insolvency Law Association, member
- Co-author of the article “Protecting Confidentiality Within Arbitration Proceedings”, Stockholm international Arbitration Yearbook 2001, together with Anna-Maria Tamminen
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2023-
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Länsi-Uusimaa, 2021
- Associate, Lindfors & Co Attorneys at Law, 2018–2020
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2018
- Trainee, Lindfors & Co Attorneys at law, 2017–2018
- Law studies at Utrecht University, the Netherlands, 2016