Sarita specialises in intellectual property, marketing and consumer law, with a particular focus on litigation and other contentious matters in these fields. She has represented clients in a number of notable disputes involving claims of trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement, misappropriation of goodwill, as well as false and misleading advertising.
In addition to handling contentious matters, Sarita provides clients with strategic legal advice in relation to brand protection, as well as the planning and execution of product launches and marketing campaigns. Moreover, she advises clients in various IP-related contractual matters.
Having previously worked as an in-house legal counsel for a leading Finnish telecommunications company, Sarita also has experience working on a wide range of technology-related assignments.
As a result of her in-house experience, she has developed a practical and business-oriented way of doing things.
- “Sarita actively seeks the best solutions for her clients, whether it involves portfolio management or litigation proceedings. She is someone you can rely on and her advice is top notch.”, WTR 1000, 2020
- “Sarita Schröder enters the rankings due to her growing visibility on trade mark infringement matters. Sources state that she ‘explains legal matters well to clients,’ in addition to providing ‘in-depth analysis’”, Chambers Europe, 2019
- “‘Really solid and very bright’, Sarita Schröder can be counted on in complex infringement proceedings. Equally adroit at handling large scale [trademark] portfolios”, WTR 1000, 2019
- “A client describes Schröder as ‘extremely reliable’”, Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars, 2018*
- “As a result of her in-house experience, she has developed a practical and business-oriented way of doing things”, WTR 1000, 2018*
(*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018
- Senior Associate, Co-Head of IP, Krogerus, 2017–2018
- Master of Science (Econ. and Bus. Adm.), Intellectual Property Law, Hanken School of Economics, 2016
- Senior Associate, Krogerus, 2015–2017
- Legal Counsel, DNA, 2014–2015
- Associate, Krogerus, 2010–2014
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2010