Kati advises clients on energy and power projects, energy M&A, private equity transactions, and energy regulation. She has also worked on various projects relating to project financing and debt capital markets. Kati is qualified in Finnish law and as an attorney in the State of New York.
Kati has experience in working and negotiating with global teams in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. She has represented clients such as international private equity firms, energy companies, heavy industry manufacturers, commercial banks, and institutional investors.
Furthermore, she has co-authored various annual editions of local law chapters in a global renewable energy publication which provides an overview of legislation and incentives for renewable energy companies worldwide.
Fortum Recharge AS, Infracapital, Fortum
Infracapital in the acquisition of 63% of Fortum Recharge AS with subsidiaries.
Value not public
Swedish and Finnish counsel to Infracapital
Commonwealth Bank (Seller), Colonial First State Global Asset Management (Target), Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (Buyer)
Commonwealth Bank's sale of its global asset management business, Colonial First State Global Asset Management (CFSGAM), to Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
AUD 4.1 billion
Counsel to Commonwealth Bank
CapMan Infra (Bidder), Elenia Group (Target)
CapMan Infra signed to invest in Elenia, a leading Finnish electricity network and district heat company
EUR 70 million
Counsel to CapMan Infra
CVC Capital Partners, LocalTapiola, Varma, Ilmarinen, Mehiläinen management (Buyers), Mehiläinen Oy (Target), Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., Triton Partners (Sellers)
LocalTapiola's co-investment with CVC Capital Partners, Varma and Ilmarinen to Mehiläinen Oy, a leading Finnish private health- and social care provider
Value not public
Counsel to LocalTapiola
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of New York State Bar, 2012
- Member of Energy Bar Association
- Association of Finnish Lawyers
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman 2018-
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018
- Assiociate, White & Case, Helsinki 2011−2017
- Assisting Legal Counsel, Royal Dutch Shell’s Finnish Subsidiary (oy Shell ab), 2008−2010
- LL.M., American University, Washington College of Law, International Legal Studies Program, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Master of Laws, Helsinki University School of Law, 2010/2011
- Minor Subject in Industrial Engineering and Management, Helsinki University of Technology (Aalto University)