Anders specialises in commercial litigation and arbitration. He has advised clients in both domestic and international arbitration proceedings under various rules, and in a wide range of demanding business disputes before the Finnish state courts.
Uncompromising nature, talent at court proceedings and nerves of steel make him an outstanding dispute resolution lawyer.
Dispute Resolution | Chambers Global, 2023
Represented clients before courts and arbitral tribunals in disputes relating to minority dividends, alleged misuse of influence by majority shareholders, shareholders’ agreements, special audits etc.
Represented clients in numerous employment-related disputes of various sorts before District Courts, Courts of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Finland, as well as before arbitral tribunals.
Represented clients in several disputes relating to pension claims and incentive schemes.
Represented clients in financial and investment-related disputes and proceedings.
Represented clients in M&A-related disputes of various sorts.
Represented clients in criminal proceedings and preliminary investigations in a wide range of matters.
Represented clients in disputes relating to consultancy agreements in international trade.
Represented clients in several large-scale disputes relating to construction and consultancy agreements.
Represented clients in injunction proceedings and precautionary matters of different sorts before the Finnish state courts.
Coordinated the handling of clients’ disputes abroad, relating, e.g. to agency agreements, construction agreements etc.
- "The way Anders Bygglin communicates is to the point and with an understanding of the client’s business in the financing sector.", Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2023
- "Ander's uncompromising nature, talent at court proceedings and nerves of steel make him an outstanding dispute resolution lawyer.", Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global, 2023
- Selected as one of the world’s leading practitioners in Commercial Litigation, Who's Who Legal, 2022
- "Anders Bygglin’s knowledge of the demanded things in our case is high-class and the way they work is impressive. They are good in thinking about the case from many points of views so that they can answer the questions of the judge and the accusations of the opposite side. Their good experience and both the knowledge of the law and court practices are convincing. Our company is extremely satisfied with the way Bygglin worked with us.", Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2022
- "Anders Bygglin represented us in court. He was extremely good at “reading” both the judge and the counterpart at court sessions. He had carefully planned beforehand how to proceed at court but he has the skills to work according to the situation and the persons. I think that had a big effect at the court since he could understand immediately what the judge considered important and he could immediately work accordingly. Very impressive work at the court!", Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2022
- "Anders Bygglin is a very high-calibre professional with vast experience. Easy to communicate and always reachable. Anders can fit himself very quickly to the case / situation on hand and thinks about everything from a very broad perspective, but still with great attention even to the smallest detail. Working with him is always super-professional but with a very open, transparent and casual manner, just as I want it to be. Summary: If I would have any legal topic I need consultation for, Anders is my #1 'whom shall I ask'. Full trust and very high appreciation, definitely worth of every euro", Dispute Resolution, Legal 500, 2022
- '"His ability to adapt to different fast-paced situations is very high, "remarks one client. Another says: "He's absolutely tireless in his search of the best possible approach to the dispute."', Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global 2022
- Ranked in the Future Leaders category of Who’s Who Legal: Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Ranked as 2021 exclusive winner of Client Choice's litigation category in Finland
- "Anders provides professionalism and expertise on the matter and the process in the court, and provides good client service", Litigation, Client Choice, 2021
- "Anders exceeded my high expectations, every step of the process and was well organized and structured. Anders listens very carefully, paid close attention to detail and didn’t rush into conclusions.", Litigation, Client Choice, 2021
- "Anders created a permissive atmosphere and room for the more junior legal experts to operate. Anders showed true leadership when guiding the junior lawyer in the process.", Litigation, Client Choice, 2021
- "Anders’ verbal talent shines. He is determined and focused, not a word nor a letter misses his radar.", Litigation, Client Choice, 2021
- "Anders’ was tireless and left no stone unturned. The court hearing was handled in three languages: Finnish, English and Swedish. None of the languages caused any difficulties to Anders.", Litigation, Client Choice, 2021
- 'Anders has very in-depth knowledge of litigation in his field and great understanding of the Finnish Employment legislation. They handled a very complex Employment dispute for my company and excelled in it.' Employment, Legal 500, 2021
- 'Anders Bygglin is noted for his considerable experience in relation to employment disputes.', Employment, Chambers Europe, 2021
- 'Anders Bygglin is described as "easy to work with, responsive and knowledgeable."', Dispute Resolution, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, 2021
- 'One client describes him as "realistic, technical and very responsive, and easy to approach and to work with."', Employment, Chambers Europe 2020
- 'Anders stands out for being "extremely competent and thorough"', Dispute resolution, Legal 500, 2019
- 'Interviewees highlight his strength in litigation, saying that he does this in a "cost-efficient way."', Employment, Chambers Europe 2019
- 'Anders Bygglin draws praise for his expertise in M&A-related litigation in matters as well as construction and labour and employment disputes. He has notable experience representing clients at all levels of the Finnish courts.', Litigation, Who’s Who Legal 2019
- Ranked in Employment as a notable practitioner in the 2013-2018 editions of Chambers Europe
- Ranked in the partner category of Who’s Who Legal: Future Leaders – Litigation, 2018
- Ranked in Dispute Resolution and in Employment in the 2017 edition of Legal 500
- 'According to clients, he is "very flexible and has deep knowledge." ', Employment, Chambers Europe 2017
- ' One source states: "He is professional, structured and good in court. I also valued his motivated opinions during the case." ', Employment, Chambers Europe 2016
- Ranked among the rising stars in the 2015 edition of Euromoney's LMG Rising Stars, Expert Guides, Legal Media Group
- 'Anders Bygglin "is detail-oriented, has great knowledge and takes the job seriously," note clients. Bygglin has particular expertise of contentious issues, with sources agreeing he is "an excellent litigator." ', Employment, Chambers Europe 2015
- '...Clients consider him "prompt to reply, quick to remember all of the details of a case and always on top of everything - you can rely on him to do a good job."', Employment, Chambers Europe 2014
- Ranked among the best lawyers in the 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions (Helsinki: Labor and Employment Law, Litigation) of Best Lawyers®
- '… Anders Bygglin enters the rankings this year due to his increasing prominence in employment matters. He is especially appreciated by interviewees for his expertise in employment litigation and arbitration, including unfair treatment and discrimination cases…', Employment, Chambers Europe 2013
- Ranked in the Guide to the World’s Leading Experts in Commercial Arbitration 2013, Expert Guides, Legal Media Group
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Member of the Finnish Arbitration Association
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Co-author of the Finnish Chapter in the Global Practice Guide: Litigation 2020 by Chambers & Partners
- Co-author of the Finnish Chapter in the Global Practice Guide: eDiscovery & Disclosure 2019 by Chambers & Partners
- Co-author of the Finnish Chapter in the Global Practice Guide: Litigation 2019 by Chambers & Partners
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, 2012
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2008
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Helsinki, 2006
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2004
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2003