Practical Tips for Applying for a Traineeship: Interview
10 February 2020
- Do your homework beforehand, in other words, get to know the company you are applying to and find out who will be interviewing you and check who they are and what they do.
- Think about the things you would like them to know about you and what they might want to know about you.
- Think about how to pitch yourself. (Think of an answer to the question “Describe yourself in a few words?”)
- Practice beforehand but improvise when the time comes.
- Bring along your application package and your letters of reference.
- Remember to be punctual and arrive on time.
- Be yourself and use your personality to your benefit.
- Remember that an interview is a two-way discussion and an opportunity to get to know each other. Be active in bringing up any questions you may have about the employer.
- Remember that it is OK to be nervous.
- What counts in the end is the whole package and not any particular detail.
Check also our tips for sending your application!
Want to know more about working at Hannes Snellman? Please pay a visit to our Careers section.