Tuomas advises clients on both loan and bond transactions, with particular focus on real estate, corporate, and project financing, acquisition finance and securitisation, as well as derivative instruments and regulatory issues.
Previously, Tuomas worked for Nordea Bank, and he has been involved in various demanding and highly complex financing transactions with both listed companies and private equity funds. He has also gained experience working closely with regulators and other financial institutions.
Furthermore, Tuomas has been strongly involved in Finnish legislation processes, representing the Finnish financing sector. For example, Tuomas acted as co-writer in drafting the recently introduced Finnish Bond Agency Act.
Patrizia (Buyer), Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company (Seller)
Patrizia's acquisition of the Dixi office property with a total lettable area of approximately 14,300 sqm located in Helsinki Metropolitan Area (HMA) from Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company
Value not public
Counsel to Patrizia
Schroder Nordic Real Estate Fund (Buyer), Genesta (Seller)
Schroder Nordic Real Estate Fund's financing and acquisition of 11,230m² office building in Helsinki from Genesta, acting on behalf of Genesta Nordic Real Estate Fund II (GNRE Fund II)
Value not public
Counsel to Schroder Nordic Real Estate Fund
- In 2015 Tuomas was listed by Legal500 among the 100 most influential and innovative in-house counsels in the Nordic countries.*
(*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman 2018-
- Senior Legal Counsel, Nordea, 2012-2018
- Legal Counsel, Nordea, 2008-2012
- Associate Lawyer, Borenius Attorneys, 2006-2008
- Senior Financial Advisor, Housing Fund of Finland, 2002-2006
- Bench Trainee, the District Court of Turku, 2001-2002
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2000