Lotta practices in the Dispute Resolution team and works mainly with matters relating to commercial disputes. She advises clients e.g. in the field of general contract and commercial law as well as acts as counsel in domestic and international arbitration and domestic commercial litigation. Lotta also advises on insolvency law.
In addition to her Finnish law degree, Lotta holds an LL.M. degree in International Commercial Arbitration Law from Stockholm University. Lotta has also trained on the bench at the District Court of Itä-Uusimaa.
Represented UPM-Kymmene Oyj in the largest ever Finnish follow-on damages litigation in which Metsähallitus originally claimed a capital amount of nearly 282 million euros in damages jointly and severally from Finnish forestry companies Stora Enso, UPM and Metsäliitto
Counsel to an international bank syndicate as a member of Creditors' Committee in an unique and complex cross border restructuring of a group of companies undergoing simultaneous formal restructuring proceedings in Finland and Sweden.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
Education and Professional Background
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018-
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Itä-Uusimaa, 2019–2020
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2014
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2013
- LL.M., International Commercial Arbitration Law, Stockholm University, 2013
- Associate Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2013
- Corporate Law Trainee, PricewaterhouseCoopers Oy, 2012
- Trainee, White & Case, 2011