LL.D., Attorney at Law Juli Mansnérus has vast experience with IP/life sciences-related aspects of commercialisation strategies and regulatory compliance issues. Her experience also includes extensive work with high-value, cross-border litigations relating to pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and the telecom industry. In addition, she has been frequently involved in life sciences, technology, and IP-driven M&A transactions.
As a dual-qualified lawyer, Juli advises both domestic and international clients in a wide range of industries in all fields of life sciences, healthcare, health technology, IP law, IP-related litigation, data protection, and contract law under Finnish and Swedish laws. Before joining Hannes Snellman’s IP & Tech Team, Juli worked as a transaction lawyer in our M&A Team and acquired a broad knowledge of capital markets transactions and various company acquisitions.
Juli holds a doctorate in law from the University of Helsinki. Her research interests relate to the commercialisation of new medical innovations and health technologies. She has also gained some significant exposure to life sciences at the University of Edinburgh and been awarded a M.Sc. in Translational Medicine with Distinction. In 2015, Juli was invited for a research visit to Harvard TH. Chan School of Public Health. Juli is involved in academia as a post-doctoral researcher, thesis supervisor, and responsible teacher of a number of university courses and seminars in topics relating to European and Nordic health law, IP law and consumer law, contract law, corporate law, and European internal market law.
Optomed’s IPO and listing on the Nasdaq Helsinki stock exchange
The offering by the company and its shareholders amounted to approximately EUR 44 million
Counsel to Optomed Plc
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in a dispute concerning pharmaceutical marketing.
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in clinical trials cooperation.
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in IP licensing negotiations.
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in pricing, reimbursement, and public procurement related issues regarding prescription medicines.
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company regarding market access strategies and risk-sharing models in pricing and reimbursement of prescription medicines.
Counsel for an international pharmaceutical company in a non-infringement dispute concerning patents.
Counsel for an international medical device company in market court proceeding regarding alleged misuse of trade secrets.
Counsel for a global pharmaceutical company in restructuring of its business operations.
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association and Secretary of the Bar Exam Committee
- Vice Chairman of the Copyright Council
- Deputy Board Member of IPR University Center
- Deputy Board Member of Young Academy Finland
- Deputy Member of Ethics Committee II of the HUS Hospital District
- Member of the Finnish Association for Industrial Property Rights (STY)
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Member of Juridiska Föreningen i Finland
- Member of the Nordic Network for Research in Biomedical Law
- Mansnérus, J. , Lahti, R. & Blick, A. A. (eds.), Personalized Medicine: Legal and Ethical Challenges, Helsinki: University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law. (Forum Iuris), 2020.
- Mansnérus, J. Over Ten Years Since the Adoption of the EU Regulation on Advanced Therapy Medical Products - Lessons Learned Thus Far. Personalized Medicine: Legal and Ethical Challenges, in Mansnerus, J., Lahti, R. & Blick, A. (eds.). Helsinki: University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law, (Forum Iuris; 23428996), 2020, pp. 145–161.
- Mansnérus, J. & Vaaraniemi, L.. Transatlantic Comparative Perspectives on Patenting Genome-editing Technologies: A Case Study of Patents on CRISPR/Cas9 Technology., in Personalized Medicine: Legal and Ethical Challenges. Mansnerus, J., Lahti, R. & Blick, A. (eds.). Helsinki: University of Helsinki, Faculty of Law, (Forum Iuris), 2020, pp. 187–214 27.
- Wierzba, S. E., Mansnerus, J. & Malminen, T., Vacunación: hacia un equilibrio entre libertad de conciencia e interés público: Análisis jurídico comparado durante la crisis del Covid-19. La Ley. 2020 (297), pp. 1–6.
- Mansnérus, J., Dujardin, C. & Lahti, R., Forms and levels of legal protection of the human embryo in biomedical research in Finland and France. Current Problems of the Penal Law and Criminology: Aktuelle Probleme des Strafrechts und der Kriminologie. Guzik-Makaruk, E. M. & Plywaczewski, E. W. (toim.). Warszawa: Wydawnictwo C.H.Beck, (Monografie Obcojęzyczne; vol. 8), 2019, pp. 199–224.
- Mansnérus, J. Doctoral Dissertation: Commercialisation of Advanced Therapies – A Study of the EU Regulation on Advanced Therapy Medical Products (Helsinki, Unigrafia), 2016
- Mansnérus, J.:” Bioethical and legal perspectives on cell reprogramming technologies”. Medical Law International. 2016:1-23 Published online before print November 9, 2016
- Mansnérus, J. Brüstle v. Greenpeace: Implications for Commercialisation of Translational Stem Cell Research. European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(2):141–164.
- Mansnérus, J. Encountering Challenges with the EU Regulation on Advance Therapy Medical Products” European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(5):426–461.
- Mansnérus, J. Patentability of Parthenogenic Stem Cells: International Stem Cell Corporation v. Comptroller General of Patents. European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(3):267–286
- Mansnérus, J, Jansson, T. Patentering av stamcellsuppfinningar efter Brüstle mot Greenpeace JFT 2015(1):56–82.
- Mansnérus J, Jansson, T. Patentering av pluripotenta stamceller efter EU-domstolens dom i International Stem Cell Corporation mot Comptroller General of Patents. JFT 2015;4:1–8.
- Mansnérus, J. Erilaistuneiden solujen uudelleenohjelmointikantasoluiksi – biolääketieteellisiä, eettisiä ja oikeudellisia kysymyksiä, in Lahti R. (ed.) ”Biolääketiede, tutkimus ja oikeus” (Helsinki, Forum Iuris). 2012; 119–148.
Education and Professional Background
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2020
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2013–2020
- Doctor of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2016
- Master of Science in Translational Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK, 2014
- EEA competence, equivalent degree in Finland, Finnish National Board of Education, 2011
- Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration), Intellectual Property Law, Hanken School of Economics, Finland, 2010
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2008–2013
- Master of Science (Economics and Business Administration), Financial Economics, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2008
- Master of Laws, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2008
- Lawyer, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) Helsinki Branch, 2007
- Marketing Department, SEB Card Ltd, Helsinki Branch, 2004–2007
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2006