Joakim has extensive experience in advising contracting entities and companies in both advisory and contentious public procurement law matters. He has also substantial experience in competition law matters, including merger control and state aid. Joakim acts for companies and contracting entities active in a wide range of business areas including transport, aviation, pharmaceutical and healthcare.
Joakim has published numerous articles in the fields of public procurement and competition law and is a frequent speaker at public procurement law seminars.
He's very experienced: he knows exactly what's important in a case and he gets to the point fast.
Chambers Global and Chambers Europe, 2018
Eltel AB, Eltel AB (Aviation & Security business), Luftfartsverket
Eltel in the divestment of its Aviation & Security Business to Luftfarsverket
EUR 17 million
Counsel to Eltel AB
Joakim has been regularly listed as an expert in public procurement e.g. in such international legal directories as Chambers Europe and Who´s Who Legal.
By way of example, he has been referred to as follows:
- 'The"very experienced"Joakim Lavéris a market-leading individual recognised for his impressive knowledge and ability to handle complex public procurement mandates.', Ranked in band 1 in Public Procurement, Chambers Europe, 2020
- "The 'experienced' Joakim Lavér assisted Stockholm's transport authority SL with the utilities procurement processes carried out for two new traffic areas.", Legal 500, 2019
- 'Clients describes Joakim Lavér as a "very qualified, experienced and solution-oriented partner.", Public Procurement, Chambers Global, 2019
- "Hannes Snellman is strong in procurement litigation and is also recommended for strategic advice on public procurement procedures. It is particularly active in regulated sectors, such as public transportation, telecoms and pharmaceuticals. Practice head Joakim Lavér.", Legal 500, 2018
- 'Joakim Lavér has an excellent reputation for his work advising clients. Market sources value that "he's very experienced: he knows exactly what's important in a case and he gets to the point fast.", Chambers Global Chambers Europe, 2018
- "Competent and responsive.", Public Procurement, Legal 500, 2017
- 'Joakim Lavér is endorsed by market commentators as a "very experienced and top-notch lawyer in Sweden.”, Public Procurement, Chambers Europe, 2017
- 'Clients say that Joakim Lavér is "one of the best in Sweden regarding procurement - he can see solutions in all issues.", Public Procurement, Chambers Europe, 2016
- Ranked as Notable practitioner, Public Procurement (Sweden), Chambers Europe, 2015
Memberships and Positions of Trust
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the ICC Public Procurement Task Force
- Member of the ICC Sweden reference group Competition
Education and Professional Background
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2009
- Consultant, Linklaters, 2001–2009
- Director, KPMG Legal, 1999–2001
- Lagerlöf & Leman, 1991–1999
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Stockholm, 1989–1991
- Jur. kand. (LL.M.), Stockholm University, 1989