PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Silja advises clients in the fields of employment law, mergers and acquisitions, as well as with general corporate, commercial and contract law. Silja's practice includes advising employers in the Finnish market, drafting employment agreements, management contracts, terminations and co-operation proceedings. Silja is also actively involved in transactional work, advising clients on both M&A and employment-related issues.
From 2005-2016 Silja personally focused on sailing professionally at the Olympic level. With her team at the 2012 London Olympic Games, she won a bronze medal in match race.
During her studies, Silja spent one semester studying law at the Université Montpellier 1 in France and a year in Brazil, at CEFET of Espírito Santo.
- Counsel to Telia Company in its acquisition of AinaCom Oy, 2018.
- Counsel to Lemminkäinen Corporation in the combination of Lemminkäinen Corporation and YIT Corporation through a statutory merger, 2017.
- Counsel to majority sellers in the sale of a majority of shares in Quattro Mikenti Group Oy to Adelis Equity Partners Fund I AB by Henri Juva and other sellers, 2017.
- Counsel to Powerflute Oyj in the recommended cash offer for Powerflute by Nordic Packaging and Container (Finland) Holdings Oy an affiliate of Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC, 2016.
- Three Habits of a Successful Team – Secrets of Continuous Development, Hannes Snellman Blog 2019
- Three Habits of a Successful Team – The Art of Dividing Tasks, Hannes Snellman Blog 2019
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Vice-chair of Finnish Center for Integrity in Sports FINCIS’s Anti-doping Supervisory Board
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2013
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2013
- Legal Trainee, Tryg Forsikring, 2009