PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Rabbe is a partner within the firm's M&A practice in Helsinki with a focus on infrastructure and energy related matters. He joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2007.
He has over 17 years of experience of corporate law and various private and public M&A deals, most of which have involved a cross-border element. A significant amount of the deals have also involved either private equity funds directly or private equity backed companies.
He has also considerable experience from infrastructure and energy related deals, having advised on all major Finnish road and railway PPP projects and some of the largest Finnish electricity distribution network deals as well as in relation to the planned Finnish nuclear power plant projects.
Rabbe is acting as Vice-Chair of the International Bar Association's M&A and Corporate Committee.
He spent 1.5 years during 2008-2009 as a resident partner at Hannes Snellman’s office in Moscow advising foreign clients on Russia related M&A and corporate matters.
- Counsel to the City of Espoo in its PPP school project. Value of the project is expected to be in excess of EUR 100m.
- Counsel to CapMan Infra’s EUR 70 million investment in Elenia, a leading Finnish electricity network and district heat company.
- Counsel to SUSI Partners AG in its acquisition of the Tetrituuli Wind Farm in Finland from Ilmatar Windpower Plc.
- Counsel to Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of two wind farms in Finland from Maas Capital Renewables and YARD ENERGY.
- Counsel to Vitec Software Group AB (publ) in its acquisition of the Finnish software company Futursoft Oy.
- Counsel to Vitec Software Group AB (publ) in its acquisition of the Finnish software company Tietomitta Oy.
- Counsel to Patria and its shareholder in the sale of 49.9% of Patria Oyj to Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS.
- Counsel to Access Capital Partners in their acquisition of a stake in Finnish infrastructure assets.
- Counsel to Morita in their acquisition of Bronto Skylift.
- Counsel to Alder, a Swedish private equity firm in its acquisition of Gasmet Technologies Oy.
- Counsel to the Finnish Transport Authority in its procurement of the PPP Project for the E18 motorway section Hamina-Vaalimaa.
- Counsel to the City of Tampere in its project to procure a new tramway system and rolling stock for the City.
- Counsel to Alder in its acquisition of Satel, a Finnish radio modem manufacturer.
- Counsel to Dinair, a portfolio company of Alder, in its acquisition of Halton Clean Air, a Finnish filter manufacturing company.
- Counsel to Vitec Software Group in its acquisition of the Finnish healthcare SaaS provider Acute FDS.
- Counsel to UPM in the Joint Venture between UPM-Kymmene Corporation and Element Power regarding development of wind parks.
- Counsel to Heineken in the sale of the entire share capital of the Hartwall brewery to Royal Unibrew.
- Counsel to bank underwriters in Talvivaara’s, a Finnish nickel mining company, EUR 260 million rights offering, 2013.
- Counsel to a consortium consisting of 3i, Goldman Sachs and Ilmarinen in the EUR 1.54 billion acquisition of Vattenfall's Finnish electricity distribution and district heat businesses, 2012.
- Counsel to various occasions companies within the defence sector in corporate and commercial assignments.
- Counsel to the Finnish Transport Agency in its acquisition of the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) project regarding the construction and maintenance of the E18 motorway section Koskenkylä-Kotka. The total value of the project is approx. EUR 623 million. Financial close was reached in December 2011.
- Counsel to Ruukki Group Oyj in its EUR 75.4 million sale of its Finnish house building business, Pohjolan Design Talo Oy to funds managed by CapMan, a Nordic private equity firm. The deal closed in March 2011.
- Counsel to Intera, a Finnish private equity firm, in its acquisition of Tamtron, a Finnish industrial weighing equipment provider. Announced in September 2011.
- Counsel to the Finnish Transport Agency in its planned procurement of a railway PPP project Kokkola-Ylivieska.
- Counsel to Ahlström Capital, a Finnish private equity company in its divestment of Wessen, a leading Russian electrical accessories manufacturer to Schneider Electric.
- Counsel to CapMan, a Nordic private equity house in its acquisition of the Russia focused private equity manager Norum Russia.
- Counsel to Pöyry, a Finnish consulting firm in its acquisition of Giprobum Engineering, a St Petersburg based Russian consulting firm.
- Counsel to the Finnish government and the Finnish Road Administration in the PPP project relating to the E18 Muurla–Lohja motorway, the largest PPP project in Finland so far, having overall responsibility for the legal advice in the project, including the drafting of relevant procurement documents, structuring and drafting the main project agreements between the Finnish government and the private project company as well as support in the negotiations with bidders and financiers.
- Ranked as a notable practitioner in the 2015-2019 editions of Chambers Europe
- Ranked as one of the World’s leading Energy lawyers (Finland), Who’s Who Legal: Energy 2017
- "Rabbe Sittnikow is "thoughtful and able to listen and highlight things that are not apparent to us; he adds value," say clients.", Energy & Natural Resources, Chambers Europe, 2015
- Ranked as a Highly regarded lawyer in Banking, Capital Markets, Energy and Infrastructure, M&A, Project Development, Project finance and Private equity in the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 editions of IFLR1000
- Ranked among the best lawyers in the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions (Helsinki: Mergers and Acquisitions) of Best Lawyers®
- "Within Corporate and M&A, Hannes Snellman Attorneys at Law Ltd is a first tier firm." "Among those singled out for praise is Rabbe Sittnikow.", Legal 500, 2010
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Officer of the M&A and Corporate Law Committee of the International Bar Association
- Member of AIJA – the International Association of Young Lawyers
- Associate member of the American Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, 2007
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2003
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 1999
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 1999
- University level studies in finance and business administration at Hanken - the Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration in Helsinki, 1999