PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Paula is the Managing Partner of the Stockholm office. She focuses on financing and financial regulatory work, such as financial sector transaction, LBO’s, real estate financings, restructurings and insolvencies and other financing solutions.
- Counsel to Unigestion in the Acquisition of Danica Pension Försäkringsaktiebolag (publ), 2018
- Counsel to Mekonomen AB on its rights issue and debt financing, 2018
- Counsel to Mekonomen Aktiebolag (publ) in its acquisition of FTZ Autodele & Værktøj A/S and INTER-TEAM Sp. z. o.o., 2018
- Counsel to Vitruvian Partners LLP in the acquisition of Easy Park AS, 2018
- Counsel to EQT in minority investment in Anticimex, 2017
- Counsel to EQT in the acquisition of the majority of the shares in DGC One and the mandatory takeover offer for the remaining shares, 2017
- Counsel to Intrum Justitia in connection with the combination with Lindorff, 2016
- Counsel to Anticimex on the financing of the acquisition of SITA Pest Control & Fumigation Service Pte Ltd , 2016
- Counsel to EQT on the financing of the acquisition of Piab from Altor, 2015
- Counsel to EQT on its takeover offer for IFS, 2015
- Counsel to Anticimex on the financing of the acquisition of the Enviropest Group, 2015
- Counsel to Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on the refinancing of Sagax, 2015
- Counsel to Dustin on its refinancing in connection with the IPO on Nasdaq Stockholm, February 2015
- Counsel to an international bank syndicate financing Nordic Capital's acquisition of Lindorff, 2014
- Counsel to Hoist Finance on the issue of senior notes (2014) and a Basel III compliant Tier 2 capital base instrument (2013) and also Tier 1 capital base instruments, 2012-2013
- An international bank syndicate as a member of Creditors' Committee in a complex cross-border restructuring of the Nordic Mines group of companies undergoing simultaneous restructuring proceedings ending 2014 in Finland and Sweden
- Counsel to Triton and European Directories on the EUR 160,000,000 senior secured bond issue for European Directories, 2013
- Counsel to EQT and Anticimex on the financing of the acquisition of ISS’ pest management solution business, 2013
- Counsel to CapVest on the financing of the simultaneous acquisition of Kronfågel Group in Sweden and Denmark from Lantmännen, and Cardinal Foods in Norway from CapMan, 2013
- Counsel to EQT on the refinancing of IP-Only, 2013
- Counsel to Triton on the refinancing of Suomen Lähikauppa Oy, 2013
- Counsel to Deutsche Pfandbriefbank on the refinancing of Sagax, 2012
- Counsel to EQT on the financing of the acquisition of Anticimex, 2012
- Recommended in the 2019 edition of Legal 500, Banking & Finance
- Paula Röttorp is praised by one client for her negotiation skills, including her ability to "find the balance and identify what's really important" Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2019
- Ranked as a Highly regarded lawyer in Banking in the 2019 edition of IFLR1000
- Paula Röttorp advised EQT on financing its SEK2.3bn acquisition of DGC One, Legal 500, 2018
- Clients highlight Paula Röttorp for her technical skills and her pragmatic approach, Chambers Global 2018 and Chambers Europe 2018.
Highly regarded lawyer, Banking, IFLR1000, 2018
- Recommended in Legal 500, 2017 (Banking and finance)
- '[...] Sources highlight Paula's "wealth of experience" and dedication.' Banking and Finance, Chambers Europe 2017.
- Leading lawyer, Banking, IFLR1000, 2017
- 'Clients appreciate that Paula Röttorp "has a focus on the details but also a good level of general knowledge," describing her as "diligent and co-operative." She has experience across a wide range of areas, from regulatory compliance to real estate finance.', Banking and Finance, Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Europe 2016.
- 'Paula Röttorp is regarded as an "extremely skilled" lawyer. [...] "very technical and pragmatic."', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015.
- 'Paula Röttorp comes highly recommended for her ability to handle extremely complex cross-border deals, with sources saying that "she takes a lot of hassle out of the banks' hands."', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2014.
- 'Clients value Paula Röttorp for her responsiveness.’, Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2013.
- 'Sources describe Paula Röttorp as "extremely intelligent and quick to understand."', Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2012.
- 'Paula Röttorp has strong expertise and broad knowledge in financing.', Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2011.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Board member in Centrum för Rättvisa
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2010
- Advokatfirman Vinge, Stockholm, 2001 - 2010
- Master of European Studies, Legal Dominant, College of Europe, 2001
- Master of Laws, Stockholm University, 2001
- Law studies at Université Robert Schuman, Strasbourg, France, 1998 - 1999