PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Outi is responsible for Hannes Snellman's Public Procurement practice. In addition, she is a member of our Intellectual Property & Technology practice, and she assists our clients in matters relating to public procurement and technology. She offers strategic advice and assists our clients – both contracting authorities and companies – in negotiations, market surveys, tendering competitions, Market Court proceedings, compliance analysis, and contractual disputes.
Prior to joining us, she established the Finnish IT public procurement practice in a global law firm.
In addition to her legal degree, Outi has a software developer background. She brought agile contracting to the Finnish public sector while working at the state central procurement body Hansel and was certified as a Scrum Master.
Outi regularly arranges seminars and writes articles on public procurement, agile contracting, software development methodologies as well as data security and privacy.
Counsel to Business Finland in public procurement of Business Finland Connection, a solution incorporating artificial intelligence, semantic search algorithms, and machine learning.
Counsel to The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA) in public procurement.
- Counsel to EVRY in the combination of Tieto and EVRY through a cross-border merger.
- Counsel in strategic public procurement to Finavia Oyj, which maintains and developes all Finnish airports.
- Counsel to Finland’s national service center for counties, Vimana Oy, in assessment of Vimana’s function and operations concerning public procurement and competition law.
- Counsel to Microsoft in public procurement.
- Counsel to Nordic Packaging and Container Holdings (NPAC Holdings) in the sale of Powerflute Group Holdings Oy to Mondi Group.
- Counsel to a significant IT service provider in a novel agile development project. The advice included strategic advice as well as contract drafting and negotiations.
- Counsel to Greek government officials in public procurement of agile projects.
- Counsel in IT outsourcing.
- Counsel to Sodexo Oy in public procurement.
- Counsel to State Treasury in public procurement.*
- Counsel in the re-engineering of a large-scale and complex distressed IT delivery project. *
- Counsel to MPY Palvelut Oyj in Market Court proceedings concerning procurement of IT equipment, procurement value EUR 19 million. *
- Counsel to Innovation Fund Tekes after the first Finnish public procurement design contest - hackathon, resulting in a novel, secure and agile development contract for Tekesmatch, a ground-breaking digital tool, which brings innovators and investors together through the use of artificial intelligence and semantic search algorithms.*
(*=references from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers’ Awards 2017: Commended.*
(*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
- Lohkoketjut yleistymässä Suomen markkinoilla?, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2018
- Data and Law – Current Developments, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2018
- Uuden tietojärjestelmän hankkimisessa huomioitavia seikkoja, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Digital Single Market in the EU – Commission Proposes Regulation on Free Flow of Non-Personal Data, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- The General Data Protection Regulation to Be Taken Into Account in Public Procurement, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Tietosuoja-asetus huomioitava myös julkisissa hankinnoissa, Edilex, 2017
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the Government Information Security Management Board VAHTI’s Working Group on Data Security Requirements in Public Procurement
- Member of the Government Information Security Management Board VAHTI’s Working Group on Data Security in Social Media
- Member of the IT2010 Contract Model Follow-up Group
- Finnish Public Procurement Association, Member of the Board 2018-
- Finnish Public Procurement Association, Vice Member of the Board 2017-2018
- Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
- Member of Agile Finland, arranger of pro bono seminars for product owners, 2014-
- Member of Legal Tech Forum
- Member of Finnish Fashion Law Association
- Member of European Legal Network (Open Source)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2017-
- Senior Associate, Tech & Comms, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd, 2016-2017
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, studies in supply management, 2015-2017
- Part-time secondment, Government ICT Centre Valtori, 2015-2016
- Part-time secondment, Finnish Tax Administration, 2015-2016
- Certified Scrum Master, 2010
- Legal Counsel, Hansel Oy, 2008-2016
- Legal Counsel, Mutual Insurance Company Pension Fennia, Investments department, 2007-2008
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2007
- Thesis Writer, TeliaSonera Oyj, 2006-2007 (Best Thesis Award by Finnish IT Law Association)
- Trainee, Attorneys at Law Brander & Manner, 2004
- Software Developer / Thesis Writer, PerkinElmer Life Sciences Inc, 2000-2001
- Bachelor of Business Administration, software engineering, Turku University of Applied Sciences, 2001
- Web Designer, Lingonet Oy, 1996-1997