PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Matleena Pälve is currently on parental leave.
Matleena advises our clients in the field of taxation, especially in corporate and international taxation. She has been a member of transaction teams preparing structuring analyses and assessing tax considerations in various private and public M&A matters. Matleena also advises our clients in tax litigation processes.
Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Matleena worked as a Senior Tax Advisor at EY.
- Counsel in Supreme Administrative Court Case Confirming Real Estate Investor’s Right to Deduct VAT on Transaction Expenses
- Counsel to a tax payer receiving a positive advance ruling from the Central Tax Board on the right to deduct VAT on transaction expenses relating to a sale of shares of a mutual real estate company
- Counsel to several landlords defeating Finnish Tax Authorities’ attempt to deny VAT deductions on the basis of tenant’s bankruptcy
- Counsel to Skandia Fastigheter in its acquisition of 14,400 sqm of office property in Helsinki from TRIUVA, 2017
- Counsel to several tax payers successfully claiming a refund for unlawfully imposed transfer tax on issue of employee stock options, 2017
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Member of the Association for Finnish Tax Professionals
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2016
Senior Tax Advisor, Ernst & Young Oy, 2013-2016
Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2013
Uppsala University, Sweden, 2012