PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Laura advises clients in the field of mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and cross-border transactions, as well as general corporate, commercial and contract law. Laura has also previously had experience in M&A disputes.
Prior to joining Hannes Snellman, Laura worked for another law firm in Helsinki.
- Counsel to OP Financial Group in its sale of the non-life insurance company Seesam Insurance AS (Seesam), including its Latvian and Lithuanian branches, to Vienna Insurance Group (VIG), 2018.
- Counsel to Lemminkäinen Corporation in the combination of Lemminkäinen Corporation and YIT Corporation through a statutory merger, 2017.
- Counsel to ISS Palvelut Oy, a leading Finnish facility services provider, in the sale of 100% of the shares in ISS Security Oy and the Finnish security business and related assets to Intera Fund III Ky, a private equity fund managed by Intera Partners.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of AIJA – the International Association of Young Lawyers
- Member of the Young Arbitration Club Finland (YACF)
- Member of the Executive Committee of AIJA - the International Association of Young Lawyers, 2015 - present
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2016
- Senior Associate, Waselius & Wist, 2015
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Länsi-Uusimaa, 2014
- Post-Graduate Trainee, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg, 2011
- Associate Lawyer, Waselius & Wist, 2010
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2010
- Trainee, White & Case LLP, Belgium, 2008
- Studies of EU law at the University of Montpellier, France, 2008
- Trainee, Waselius & Wist, 2005 - 2010