PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Juli specialises in life sciences and intellectual property (IP) law. She has advised both international and Finnish clients in pharmaceutical law and health care related regulation, in all fields of IP law, IP related litigation, data protection and contract law. In addition, Juli is frequently involved in IP-driven M&A transactions. Before joining our Intellectual Property & Technology team Juli worked as a transaction lawyer in our M&A team and acquired a broad knowledge on capital markets transactions, as well as on various company acquisitions.
Juli holds a doctorate in law from the University of Helsinki. Her research interests relate to commercialisation of new medical innovations. She has also gained exposure to life sciences at the University of Edinburgh and been awarded a M.Sc. in Translational Medicine with Distinction. Juli is a frequent lecturer at university courses and seminars in topics relating to pharmaceutical and IP law. During her post-graduate studies she was also invited as a visiting researcher to the Center for Bioethics at Harvard Medical School.
- Counsel to Faron Pharmaceuticals Ltd in its IPO and listing on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange as well as in the preceding fundraising.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company regarding market access strategies and risk-sharing models in pricing and reimbursement of prescription medicines.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in a dispute concerning pharmaceutical marketing.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in clinical trials cooperation.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in pricing, reimbursement and public procurement related issues regarding prescription medicines.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in a non-infringement dispute concerning patents.
- Counsel to an international medical device company in market court proceeding regarding alleged misuse of trade secrets.
- Counsel to an international pharmaceutical company in restructuring of its business operations.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association (and Secretary of the Bar Exam Committee)
- Member of the Finnish Association for Industrial Property Rights (STY)
- Member of The Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Member of Juridiska Föreningen i Finland
- Member of the Nordic Network for Research in Biomedical Law
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2013-
- Doctor of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2016
- M.Sc. in Translational Medicine, University of Edinburgh, UK, 2014
- EEA-competence, equivalent degree in Finland, Finnish National Board of Education, 2011
- M.Sc. (Econ. and Business Adm.) Intellectual Property Law, Hanken School of Economics, Finland, 2010
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2008
- M.Sc. (Econ. and Business Adm.) Financial Economics, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2008
- Master of Laws, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2008
- Lawyer, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ) Helsinki Branch, 2007
- Marketing Department, SEB Card Ltd, Helsinki Branch, 2004 – 2007
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Business Administration, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2006
- European Patent Office Grants a Broad Patent on CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing Technology, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Mansnérus, J. Doctoral Dissertation: Commercialisation of Advanced Therapies - A Study of the EU Regulation on Advanced Therapy Medical Products (Helsinki, Unigrafia), 2016
- Mansnérus, J.:” Bioethical and legal perspectives on cell reprogramming technologies”. Medical Law International. 2016:1-23 Published online before print November 9, 2016
- Mansnérus, J. Brüstle v. Greenpeace: Implications for Commercialisation of Translational Stem Cell Research. European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(2):141 –164.
- Mansnérus, J. Encountering Challenges with the EU Regulation on Advance Therapy Medical Products” European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(5):426–461.
- Mansnérus, J. Patentability of Parthenogenic Stem Cells: International Stem Cell Corporation v. Comptroller General of Patents. European Journal of Health Law. 2015 22(3):267-286
- Mansnérus, J, Jansson, T. Patentering av stamcellsuppfinningar efter Brüstle mot Greenpeace JFT 2015(1):56-82.
- Mansnérus J, Jansson, T. Patentering av pluripotenta stamceller efter EU-domstolens dom i International Stem Cell Corporation mot Comptroller General of Patents. JFT 2015;4:1-8.
- Mansnérus, J. Erilaistuneiden solujen uudelleenohjelmointikantasoluiksi – biolääketieteellisiä, eettisiä ja oikeudellisia kysymyksiä, in Lahti R. (ed.) ”Biolääketiede, tutkimus ja oikeus” (Helsinki, Forum Iuris). 2012; 119-148.