PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Joakim has extensive experience in advising contracting entities and companies in both advisory and contentious public procurement law matters. He has also substantial experience in competition law matters, including merger control and state aid. Joakim acts for companies and contracting entities active in a wide range of business areas including transport, aviation, pharmaceutical and healthcare.
Joakim has published numerous articles in the fields of public procurement and competition law and is a frequent speaker at public procurement law seminars.
Joakim has been regularly listed as an expert in public procurement e.g. in such international legal directories as Chambers Europe and Who´s who legal.
By way of example, he has been referred to as follows:
Joakim Lavér has an excellent reputation for his work advising clients. Market sources value that "he's very experienced: he knows exactly what's important in a case and he gets to the point fast. Chambers Global 2018 and Chambers Europe 2018.
- 'Competent and responsive', Public Procurement, Legal 500, 2017
- 'Joakim Lavér is endorsed by market commentators as a “very experienced and top-notch lawyer in Sweden.”', Public Procurement, Chambers Europe 2017
- ' Clients say that Joakim Lavér is "one of the best in Sweden regarding procurement - he can see solutions in all issues." ', Public Procurement, Chambers Europe 2016
- Ranked as a notable practitioner in the 2015 edition of Chambers Europe (Sweden: Public Procurement)
- 'Department head Joakim Lavér is a highly respected public procurement practitioner. Sources admire his communication skills and comprehensive knowledge of the area.’, Public Procurement, Chambers Europe 2013
- Ranked as one of the ten most highly regarded individuals worldwide within public procurement in the 2012 Who's Who Legal
- 'Head of public procurement Joakim Lavér is praised by peers and clients: "He has a crisp analytical capability, and an ability to present his case in a clear manner."', Competition/European Law, Chambers Europe 2012
- '...“technical expert“ Joakim Lavér is a leading figure in public procurement.', Chambers Europe 2011
- Leading lawyer in Competition/European Law: Public Procurement, Chambers Europe 2010
- Endorsed in Competition/anti-trust: public procurement, PLC Which Lawyer? 2010
- "Joakim Lavér is highly regarded for his expertise in public procurement matters." "He is highly proficient, helpful, great to work with and deserving of his strong reputation," agree sources.", Chambers Europe 2009
- Ranked among the best public procurement lawyers in the 2009 Who's who legal
- "...can be trusted with any public procurement issue - he is outstanding in the field" "Excellent for merger control work.", Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2008
- "Joakim Lavér is certainly a rising star when it comes to public procurement matters. He successfully acted for GE Medical in a recent claim for damages. The case which resulted in the largest award of damages to date, is being appealed.", Chambers Global 2007
- "Joakim Lavér enters the table in recognition of his public procurement work", Chambers Global 2006
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- Member of ICC Public Procurement Task Force
- Member of ICC Sweden reference group Competition
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2009
- Consultant, Linklaters, 2001–2009
- Director, KPMG Legal, 1999–2001
- Lagerlöf & Leman 1991–1999
- Clerk, District Court of Stockholm, 1989–1991
- Stockholm University (jur. kand.), 1989