PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Elisabeth heads our Intellectual Property & Technology practice at the Stockholm office. Her fields of expertise include IT, (out)sourcing, technology, telecommunication, data protection, IP, marketing, consumer, retail, fashion, e-commerce, and franchising, distribution, sports, media and music and entertainment law, as well as general commercial law. Innovation, technology, trade secrets, data, e-commerce, trademarks and other intellectual property rights are often central to the businesses that Elisabeth advises.
Her practice includes drafting, interpreting, negotiating and disputing commercial agreements. She also advises on M&A in the IP & TMT field.
Because of her vast experience of working with franchise chains and other chain companies, Elisabeth has become a board member of the Swedish Franchise Association.
In addition, Elisabeth has worked with corporate sustainability, bribery, anti-corruption and compliance matters for over a decade. She regularly conducts presentations and training in these areas.
- Elisabeth Vestin combines IP knowledge with a wide range of IT exoerience; she is assisting Fortum Group with its digitalisation process. Other highlights include advising Green Cargo on its IT transformation program including the outsourcing on its IT services, applications and infrastructure to Advania. Legal 500, 2019
- Led by Elisabeth Vestin, Hannes Snellman handles IT issues for clients such as Dustin Group, the Ramirent Group and Hi3G Access, Legal 500, 2018
- Ranked as one of the world's leading franchise lawyers by Who's Who Legal 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- The Franchise Law Review - Edition 6, 2019
New Regulation on Geo-blocking, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2018
- Fines For Disruptive Marketing Practices Doubled and Increased Authority of the Consumer Ombudsman, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2016
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
International Chamber of Commerce – Marketing Committee (ICC Sweden)
- International Technology Law Association (ITechLaw)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Swedish Association for IT and the Law (SIJU)
- Swedish Data Protection Forum (Forum för Dataskydd)
Board Member, Swedish Franchise Association, 2015
Swedish Bar Association, 2009
Swedish Association for Copyright Law (SFU)
Swedish Competition & Market Law Association
- Licensing Executives Society Scandinavia (LES Scandinavia)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, Sweden, 2018-
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, Sweden, 2016-2017
- Associate and Senior Associate, Advokatfirman Lindahl, Stockholm, Sweden, 2006-2015
- Junior Judge, District Court in Lund, Sweden, 2004-2005
- LL.M. in Innovation, Technology and the Law, Edinburgh University, Scotland, 2003
- Jur. Kand. (LL.M in Law), University of Lund, Sweden, 2002