PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Christoffer specialises in corporate finance, public M&A, equity capital markets transactions, as well as on other financial regulatory work. He has extensive transactions experience from more than 20 years practice including many ground-breaking cross-border mergers of equals and take-overs, financial sector M&A and restructurings, as well as from multi-jurisdictions securities offerings.
Recent Public M&A and Capital Markets transactions include counseling:
Counsel to Eltel in connection with its planned rights issue of EUR 150 million, 2017
- Counsel to Hoist Finance in connection with its initial public offering and listing on Nasdaq Stockholm, 2015
- Counsel to Acando in connection with the recommended public offer to the shareholders of Connecta to tender all outstanding shares in Connecta, 2014
- Counsel to the Board of Agrokultura in connection with the public mandatory offer by Steenord Corp., 2014
- Counsel to MTG in connection with the acquistition of 86,8 % of all outstanding shares in Nice Entertainment Group from CapMan, the founders of a management in the target, 2013
- Counsel to Paradox Entertainment in connection with Beagle Investments S.A.’s completion of its mandatory offer, which increased Beagle's holding in Paradox Entertainment from 37.7% of share capital to 38.1% of share capital, 2013
- Counsel to the shareholders of Niscayah Group (publ) in connection with the public takeover offer by Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., 2011
Recommended in Capital Markets in the 2019 edition of Legal 500
Clients appreciate Christoffer Saidac's market experience, with one claiming that "Whatever the situation, he has been there before." Corporate/M&A, Chambers Europe 2019
Partner Christoffer Saidac's market experience, with one claiming that "whatever the situation, he has been there before.", Corporate/ M&A, Chambers Global 2019
- Ranked as a Highly Regarded lawyer in Capital Markets: Equity M&A in the 2019 edition of IFLR1000.
- Christoffer Saidac advised Eltel on a circa €150m preferential rights issue., Legal 500. 2018.
- Christoffer Saidac is well regarded for advising financial institutions on equity capital markets transactions as well as financial regulatory matters, Chambers Global 2018 and Chambers Europe 2018.
- Highly regarded lawyer, Capital markets, M&A, Equity, IFLR1000, 2018
'Christoffer Saidac has earned a solid reputation in the market and is praised by clients for being "very responsive and getting back to clients quickly."' Corporate/M&A, Chambers Europe 2017
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, M&A, Equity, IFLR1000, 2017
- 'Christoffer Saidac focuses on public M&A and is noted for his experience in cross-border mergers. He regularly acts on transactions in the financial services sector, and is recognised for his capital markets experience.', Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Europe 2016
- 'Christoffer Saidac is praised by market commentators for his technical abilities on capital market transactions. His expertise focuses on equity transactions and public M&A, advising clients on both domestic and cross-border deals. Sources say: "He is experienced, and when he gets involved, he does a good job." ', Captial Markets, Chambers Global 2016 and Chambers Europe 2016
- '"An extremely skilled lawyer with broad expertise."', Capital Markets, Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015
- 'Christoffer Saidac is a "brilliant" practitioner working on corporate finance, public M&A, equity capital markets and other financial regulatory work.', Capital Markets, Chambers Global 2014
- 'Christoffer Saidac…is regarded as an intelligent and technically skilled advisor.', Corporate/M&A, Chambers Europe 2013
- 'Christoffer Saidac handles corporate finance, equity capital markets, and financial regulatory matters. He has particular expertise in cross-border mergers and takeovers, restructurings and multi-jurisdictional securities offerings.', Capital Markets, Chambers Global 2013 and Chambers Europe 2013
- 'The "technical, focused and hard-working" Christoffer Saidac […] is known for his expertise in public M&A.', 'Christoffer Saidac is "exceptionally intelligent and technically skilled."', Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2012
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2012. 'Commentators consistently rate Sören Lindström, [Christoffer] Saidac and [Björn] Kristiansson as the elite in equity capital markets in the country.'
- 'Christoffer Saidac...is recommended...as a “gifted and talented lawyer“.', Chambers Europe 2011
- Corporate and M&A in the Legal Experts - Europe, Middle East and Africa, 2011 edition
- Capital Markets: Equity and Corporate/M&A, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global 2010
- Ranked among the best lawyers in the 2010-2017 editions (Sweden: Capital Markets, Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions) of Best Lawyers®
- Capital markets: equity, Corporate/M&A as well as Directors' duties and liabilities in PLC Which Lawyer?
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Swedish Bar Association
- More than ten years experience as board member of listed companies and/or companies under financial supervision
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Partner, Hannes Snellman, Stockholm, 2011
- Partner, Advokatfirman Vinge, 1992-2010
- Associate, Advokatfirman Vinge, 1984-1992 (including Vinge’s London office 1987-1988)
- Jur. kand. (LL.M.), Uppsala University 1984 (with distinction)
- Civilekonom (Graduate of Business Administration), of Handelshögskolan in Stockholm, 1984, majoring in International Finance through exchange with Stern Graduate Business School at N.Y.U (autumn 1983)