Retail and the Law Goes Online | 24 September 2020
14 September 2020
Part 1: Consumer Protection in e-Commerce
We are happy to announce that we are once again organising our popular Retail and the Law series this autumn. In light of the current global situation, the series will be hosted online by our cross-border IP & Tech team located in Stockholm and Helsinki. This will allow us to provide you with a broader Nordic perspective on the topics covered. All seminars will be held in English, and they are open for you and your colleagues.
In today’s digital economy, a shift in consumer behaviour has triggered a large increase in online shopping. This trend has been further intensified by the events of 2020. Therefore, the series will focus on the topic of “going online”.
In the first webinar, Consumer Protection in e-Commerce, our experts Elisabeth Vestin, Sarita Schröder and Jessica Tressfeldt will share their dos and don’ts when selling online and bring you up to speed with upcoming and already applicable new legislation within the area of consumer protection.
Key takeaways from this webinar include:
- Why compliance with consumer protection rules matters even more than before
- Our tips on drafting terms and conditions for your B2C e-commerce site
- What new requirements the changing legislation places on e-commerce service providers
If you are interested to join the webinar, please contact Josefine Möllersten (email@example.com).
If you would like to acquaint yourself in advance with some of the topics to be covered in the first webinar, you are welcome to check out our earlier blog posts:
- The New Deal for Consumers – the GDPR of Consumer Protection?
- Broader Powers for Consumer Authorities, Part 1: Investigation
- Broader Powers for Consumer Authorities, Part 2: Enforcement
- Broader Powers for Consumer Authorities, Part 3: New Finnish and Swedish Legislation Enters into Force in July 2020
- The Same but Different: EU Explicitly Bans Misleading Marketing of Dual Quality Products
Make sure to also save the date for our up-coming events.
How to Build a Successful Brand – a Legal Perspective
In this webinar, aimed at both in-house lawyers and marketers, we look at how the law can be used as a tool for building a successful brand.
Date: 29 October 2020
Retail and the Law Goes Online! Part 2: Influencer Marketing
Join us for interesting discussions on social media and influencer marketing from both a Nordic and US perspective.
Date: 25 November 2020