PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE
Tuomas advises clients on both loan and bond transactions, with particular focus on real estate, corporate, and project financing, acquisition finance and securitisation, as well as derivative instruments and regulatory issues.
Previously, Tuomas worked for Nordea Bank, and he has been involved in various demanding and highly complex financing transactions with both listed companies and private equity funds. He has also gained experience working closely with regulators and other financial institutions.
Furthermore, Tuomas has been strongly involved in Finnish legislation processes, representing the Finnish financing sector. For example, Tuomas acted as co-writer in drafting the recently introduced Finnish Bond Agency Act.
- Counsel to Schroder Nordic Real Estate Fund in its acquisition of 11,230m² office building in Helsinki from Genesta
- In 2015 Tuomas was listed by Legal500 among the 100 most influential and innovative in-house counsels in the Nordic countries.*
(*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman 2018-
- Senior Legal Counsel, Nordea, 2012-2018
- Legal Counsel, Nordea, 2008-2012
- Associate Lawyer, Borenius Attorneys, 2006-2008
- Senior Financial Advisor, Housing Fund of Finland, 2002-2006
- Bench Trainee, the District Court of Turku, 2001-2002
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2000