PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Piia Ahonen joined Hannes Snellman in January 2019. She heads our VAT and other indirect tax matters and client accounts in the fields of tax consultancy and tax controversy.
Piia has over 16 years of experience in Finnish and international indirect taxation. Previously, Piia worked for EY, and she has advised both Finnish and international clients in the automotive, real estate, and energy sectors, as well as the manufacturing and retail sectors. She also has experience in assisting non-profit organisations in VAT-related matters.
Piia is a well-known and popular lecturer in VAT topics relating to global trade, real estate, and general day-to-day VAT issues. In addition, she has published several articles on value added taxation.
Since 2013, Piia has been a member of the Committee of Law and Tax of the Tampere Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Successfully defended client’s tax position in Supreme Administrative Court’s yearbook case
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman 2019-
- Senior Tax Manager (Local Partner 2015) Ernst & Young Oy, 2005-2019
- Tax Clerk, Tax Office for Major Corporations, 2004-2005
- Tax Clerk, Local Tax Office of Helsinki, 2002-2004
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Mikkeli, 2001-2002
- Tax Auditor, Local Tax Office of Helsinki, 2001
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2001
- University of Stockholm, 1999
- Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration, 1999