PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Outi is a member of our Intellectual Property & Technology practice, and she assists our clients in matters relating to public procurement and technology. She offers strategic advice and assists our clients – both contracting authorities and companies – in negotiations, market surveys, tendering competitions, Market Court proceedings, compliance analysis, and contractual disputes.
Prior to joining us, she established the Finnish IT public procurement practice in a global law firm.
In addition to her legal degree, Outi has a software developer background. She brought agile contracting to the Finnish public sector while working at the state central procurement body Hansel and was certified as a Scrum Master.
Outi regularly arranges seminars and writes articles on public procurement, agile contracting, software development methodologies as well as data security and privacy.
- Counsel to Nordic Packaging and Container Holdings (NPAC Holdings) in the sale of Powerflute Group Holdings Oy to Mondi Group.
- Counsel to a significant IT service provider in a novel agile development project. The advice included strategic advice as well as contract drafting and negotiations.
- Counsel to Greek government officials in public procurement of agile projects.
- Counsel in IT outsourcing.
- Counsel to State Treasury in public procurement.*
- Counsel to Sodexo Oy in public procurement.*
- Counsel in the re-engineering of a large-scale and complex distressed IT delivery project. *
- Counsel to MPY Palvelut Oyj in Market Court proceedings concerning procurement of IT equipment, procurement value EUR 19 million. *
- Counsel to Innovation Fund Tekes after the first Finnish public procurement design contest - hackathon, resulting in a novel, secure and agile development contract for Tekesmatch, a ground-breaking digital tool, which brings innovators and investors together through the use of artificial intelligence and semantic search algorithms.*
- Counsel to contracting authorities in various issues concerning public procurement of IT systems and products.*
- Counsel to suppliers in tender procedures concerning several business fields and various stages of tendering competitions.*
- Counsel to several contracting authorities and bidders in Market and Supreme Administrative Court proceedings.*
(*=references from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
- Financial Times Innovative Lawyers’ Awards 2017: Commended.*
(*=rankings from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
- Digital Single Market in the EU – Commission Proposes Regulation on Free Flow of Non-Personal Data, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- The General Data Protection Regulation to Be Taken Into Account in Public Procurement, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Tietosuoja-asetus huomioitava myös julkisissa hankinnoissa, Edilex, 2017
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Government Information Security Management Board VAHTI’s Working Group on Data Security Requirements in Public Procurement
- Member of the Government Information Security Management Board VAHTI’s Working Group on Data Security in Social Media
- Member of the IT2010 Contract Model Follow-up Group
- Finnish Public Procurement Association, Vice Member of the Board 2017-
- Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Competition Law Association
- Member of Agile Finland, arranger of pro bono seminars for product owners, 2014-
- Member of Legal Tech Forum
- Member of Finnish Fashion Law Association
- Member of European Legal Network (Open Source)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2017-
- Senior Associate, Tech & Comms, Bird & Bird Attorneys Ltd, 2016-2017
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, studies in supply management, 2015-2017
- Part-time secondment, Government ICT Centre Valtori, 2015-2016
- Part-time secondment, Finnish Tax Administration, 2015-2016
- Certified Scrum Master, 2010
- Legal Counsel, Hansel Oy, 2008-2016
- Legal Counsel, Mutual Insurance Company Pension Fennia, Investments department, 2007-2008
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2007
- Thesis Writer, TeliaSonera Oyj, 2006-2007 (Best Thesis Award by Finnish IT Law Association)
- Trainee, Attorneys at Law Brander & Manner, 2004
- Software Developer / Thesis Writer, PerkinElmer Life Sciences Inc, 2000-2001
- Bachelor of Business Administration, software engineering, Turku University of Applied Sciences, 2001
- Web Designer, Lingonet Oy, 1996-1997