PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Mika specialises in commercial litigation and insolvency issues.
Mika regularly advises our clients in matters relating to financial difficulties, restructurings, bankruptcies, as well as the recovery of assets. He has extensive experience in advising debtors and creditors in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings and representing clients in insolvency-related disputes. In addition, he regularly assists the administrators in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings.
Mika has advised and represented clients in a number of varying business disputes, including matters concerning construction and lease agreements, squeeze-outs, real estate transactions, delivery and supply agreements, and director liability. In addition, Mika represents and advises clients in criminal proceedings.
Mika has acted as a secretary of the board of directors of the Finnish Insolvency Law Association since 2014.
- Representing lessor creditors as a member of the Creditors' Committee in the largest ongoing bankruptcy proceedings in Finland.
- Representing two bankruptcy estates in large and complex environmental criminal proceedings.
- Representing a creditor (builder) in a construction-related dispute against the bankruptcy estate.
- Represented a major foreign creditor in cross-border liquidation proceedings related to 13 companies.
- Represented successfully a major creditor in a real estate transaction dispute against the bankruptcy estate.
- Represented a redeemer in arbitration proceedings concerning the squeeze-out of shares held by the minority shareholders in a listed Finnish limited liability company.
- Assisted in administering the restructuring proceedings of Moventas Santasalo Oy and Moventas Wind Oy.
- Assisted in administering the restructuring proceedings of Finndomo Oy.
- Assisted in administering the one of the largest Finnish bankruptcy proceedings in the 21th century concerning a bankruptcy estate with more than 10,000 creditors.
- Regularly advises and represents creditors and debtors in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings and disputes related to insolvency.
- Represented a builder in criminal proceedings regarding suspected negligent homicide and work safety offence.
- Advised a major corporate group on issues regarding media-related offences.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Secretary of the Board of the Finnish Insolvency Law Association 2014-
- Member of the Finnish Insolvency Law Association
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- The Association of Finnish Lawyers
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2014
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2010
- Senior officer, Ministry of Transport and Communication, 2009 - 2010
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2009
- Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2007 - 2008