PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Kati advises clients on energy and power projects, energy M&A, private equity transactions, and energy regulation. She has also worked on various projects relating to project financing and debt capital markets. Kati is qualified in Finnish law and as an attorney in the State of New York.
Kati has experience in working and negotiating with global teams in Europe, the Americas, and Asia. She has represented clients such as international private equity firms, energy companies, heavy industry manufacturers, commercial banks, and institutional investors.
Furthermore, she has co-authored various annual editions of local law chapters in a global renewable energy publication which provides an overview of legislation and incentives for renewable energy companies worldwide.
- Counsel to LocalTapiola in its co-investment with CVC Capital Partners to Mehiläinen Oy, a leading Finnish private health- and social care provider, 2018
- *Counsel to an international infrastructure fund based in London in its sale of an approximately 108 MW wind power portfolio, the unwinding of project financing, and swap arrangements of SPVs.
- *Counsel to institutional lenders and a club of commercial banks in the project financing of a 450 MW thermal and 30 MW electrical CHP plant. The total project cost was approximately EUR 400 million.
- *Counsel to a private equity investor based in the Nordic region in the divestment of assets. The divestment included production sites in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- *Counsel to an international infrastructure fund in matters relating to the acquisition, project financing, and asset management of a 27 MW wind farm.
- *Counsel to a sponsor in a EUR 106 million project financing arrangement with KfW IPEX-Bank and the regulatory matters of a 51 MW wind farm.
- *Counsel to an international infrastructure fund in the acquisition of two pre-construction stage wind power projects with the approximate capacity of 75 MW in Northern Finland.
- *Counsel to an international turbine supplier based in South Korea in a contractual dispute with a project developer.
- *Counsel to a Swedish steel manufacturer in the combination of its business with another steel company through a share exchange offer valued at EUR 1.1 billion.
- *Counsel to a global Finland-based technology company that serves the process industries in a partial demerger including the rearrangement of financing and guarantee arrangements. The rearrangement included production sites in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- *Counsel to an international commercial bank in the upsizing of its US medium-term note program and a USD 2.5 billion offering of notes. The notes were listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and were sold in the United States in reliance on Rule 144A under the Securities Act.
- *Counsel to a stainless steel producer based in Finland in its EUR 150 million bond issue. The bonds were listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
- *Counsel to a global stainless steel producer in its fully underwritten EUR 1.0 billion rights offering in connection with its acquisition of a competitor’s business valued at EUR 2.7 billion. The acquisition included production sites in Europe, United States, Mexico, and China.
(*=references from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of New York State Bar, 2012
- Member of Energy Bar Association
- Association of Finnish Lawyers
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018−
- Assiociate, White & Case, Helsinki 2011−2017
- Assisting Legal Counsel, Royal Dutch Shell’s Finnish Subsidiary (oy Shell ab), 2008−2010
- LL.M., American University, Washington College of Law, International Legal Studies Program, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Master of Laws, Helsinki University School of Law, 2010/2011
- Minor Subject in Industrial Engineering and Management, Helsinki University of Technology (Aalto University)