PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Jussi co-heads our firm’s White Collar Crime practice. He has vast experience in criminal proceedings, especially relating to proprietary information, intellectual property, and bribery. Such proceedings typically involve highly technical evidence, in the handling of which Jussi's background in computer science is a valuable asset.
Apart from criminal matters, Jussi also advises domestic and international clients in a broad scope of matters related to employment and general contract law disputes. Jussi also assists in advocating commercial cases before state courts and arbitral tribunals.
- Successfully represented a Fortune 500 company and its country manager in a criminal investigation regarding suspected aggravated tax fraud. No charges were pressed.
- Represented a major Russian nuclear power production company in relation to a litigation before the Helsinki District Court between a Finnish company as the claimant and the Russian Federation as the respondent. The monetary interest of the dispute amounted to approximately RUB 600 million (corresponding to approximately EUR 15.5 million). Following our client’s successful third party intervention into the litigation, all claims against the Russian Federation were dismissed. The District Court’s judgment remained final.
- Successfully represented a major Finnish company in criminal proceedings in which the State Prosecutor claimed for a corporate fine to be imposed on the company for suspected bribery of public officials. The charges regarding the suspected bribery were dismissed.
- Successfully represented a former managing director of a wine and spirit importing company in criminal proceedings regarding suspected misappropriation of proprietary information. All charges against the former managing director were dismissed.
- Successfully represented a business unit director of a global casting solutions provider in criminal proceedings regarding suspected negligent homicide. All charges against the business unit director were dismissed.
- Successfully represented one of the largest lessors in Finland in an employment-related dispute.
- Successfully represented a nutraceutical company in an arbitration regarding supply contracts.
- Advised a leading Swiss watch manufacturer on trademark infringement issues.
- Advised a major corporate group on issues regarding media-related offences.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2012
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2007
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2007
- Studies in Computer Science, University of Helsinki