PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Jari advises clients in the fields of banking, securities, corporate, commercial law and has particular experience in banking, investment and securities regulatory issues, corporate financing transactions, including securities offerings and M&A transactions.
Jari joined Hannes Snellman in 1992 after obtaining a law degree from the University of Turku. He was on secondment at a major London firm in 1995.
Between 1999 and 2000 Jari headed the legal department of a Finnish investment services firm eQ Online, where he was a member of the management team and had the overall responsibility for legal and regulatory matters, including compliance matters. Jari was responsible for legal issues relating to the establishing of the firm’s branch office in Frankfurt as a fully operating entity.
Jari rejoined Hannes Snellman in November 2000.
- Counsel to the Finnish State Treasury on financial regulatory and documentation issues.
- Sampo plc / Issue of EUR 500,000,000 (4.250 per cent) fixed rate notes due 27 February 2017 – Finnish Counsel
- Banco Santander and Santander Consumer Finance - Notes issued by SCF Rahoituspalvelut Limited, backed by car loan receivables originated by Santander Consumer Finance (SCF) Oy. Total value of the portfolio: EUR 481,957,657. The first ever auto loan securitisation in Finland, April 2012.
- Counsel to Euroclear SA/NV on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2011.
- Counsel to CACEIS Bank Deutschland GmbH on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2011.
- Counsel to BlackRock on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2010.
- Finnish Counsel SIX x-clear Ltd in their entry to the Nordic market as a central clearing counterparty for NASDAQ OMX originated trades. SIX x-clear Ltd is part of SIX Group, the integrated Swiss financial market infrastructure provider. As central counterparty (CCP) SIX x-clear offers clearing and risk management services in the cash equity and bond markets., 2010.
- Special counsel to the Issuer on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters in connection with the listing of Ruukki Group Plc’s shares on the London Stock Exchange, 2010.
- Counsel to Ahlstrom Corporation on EUR 100,000,000 4.5% senior unsecured notes due 2015, December 2010.
- Finnish counsel to Managers on the Republic of Finland EUR 4,000,000,000 (1.75 per cent) serial bonds due 15 April 2016 offering.
- Finnish counsel on OP Mortgage Bank / Establishment of the EUR 10,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Covered Note Programme 2010, November 2010.
- Counsel on Nordea Bank Finland Plc / Establishment of EUR 10,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Note and Covered Bond Programme 2010 as well as Covered Bond issuance, October 2010.
- Counsel to JPMorgan Asset Management on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2009.
- Counsel to JP Morgan Securities Ltd on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2009.
- Counsel to BAL Global Finance (Deutschland) GmbH on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2009.
- Counsel to SEB Merchant Banking on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2009.
- Counsel to Unigestion SA on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2008.
- Counsel to Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2008.
- Counsel to IKANO Banken AB (publ) on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2008.
- Counsel to HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. on Finnish banking and financial regulatory matters, 2008.
- Regularly providing counselling to several leading international banks and investment firms in relation to Finnish banking and securities law matters.
- Counsel to a major European credit institution in relation to the sale of instalment credit receivables amounting to over EUR 200 million.
- Counsel to a Finnish listed company in relation to EUR 150 million offering of convertible bonds to institutional investors.
- Finnish counsel to the joint lead managers Goldman Sachs International and Evli Bank Plc in the offering of Citycon Oyj, 2007.
- Counsel to Glitnir banki h.f in securities regulatory matters in connection with the public tender offer relating to FIM Corporation.
- Counsel to Powerflute Plc and selling shareholders in securities regulatory matters in the £48 million offering and IPO on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange, May 2007.
- Counsel to Biotie Therapies Corp. on securities regulatory matters in the EUR 20.5 million offering (Regulation S offering), 2006.
- Counsel to one of the world’s largest investment managers in the acquisition and subsequent repackaging of Finnish CMBS loans.
- Ranked in Banking & Finance, Finland, Chambers Global, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- 'Jari Tukiainen wins particular acclaim from peers for his regulatory expertise', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2015 and Chambers Europe 2015
- Ranked among the best lawyers in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions (Helsinki: Corporate Law) of Best Lawyers®
- '..recognised for his strength in the regulatory aspects of financing and capital markets cases.", Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2014
- 'Clients commend Jari Tukiainen for being as impressive, available and easy to deal with.', Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2013
- 'Clients commend Jari Tukiainen for his availability', Banking & Finance, Chambers Global 2013
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2012
- Leading practitioner, Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2011
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2011
- Leading lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR1000, 2010
- 'Specialist partner Jari Tukiainen has expertise in relevant regulatory matters and is described by clients as “deal-oriented and not afraid of finding out new ways to solve problems.”' Banking & Finance, Chambers Europe 2010
- Leading Lawyer, Capital Markets, IFLR 1000, 2009
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Specialist Partner, Hannes Snellman, 2003
- General Counsel, eQ Online Corporation, 1999 – 2000
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 1996 – 1999 and 2000 – 2003
- Associate, Hannes Snellman, 1992 – 1996
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 1992