PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Janne advises clients on all types of financing transactions with particular focus on bank lending, real estate, acquisition and project financing as well as on questions relating to general corporate, contract and commercial law.
Prior to his graduation, Janne spent one semester at the Saint Petersburg State University in Russia and one semester at the Leibniz University in Hanover in Germany. During his LL.M. studies Janne conducted a two months internship at the finance team of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Frankfurt. In addition to his legal education, Janne has completed the Russian and East European Studies Master’s Program at the Aleksanteri Institute at the University of Helsinki.
- Counsel to Glaston Corporation in its acquisition of Bystronic Glass and in the refinancing of Glaston, 2019.
- Counsel to LocalTapiola Mutual Life Insurance Company on its issue of EUR 100 million capital notes, 2018.
- Counsel to Nordic Trustee in the restructuring of ownership and financing structure of Elematic Oyj, 2018.
- Counsel to YIT Oyj in the issue of EUR 100 million and EUR 150 million senior notes, 2018.
- Counsel to Green Horizon Renewables in the acquisition of over 70% stake in Winda Power, 2018.
- Counsel to Ramirent Oyj in relation to its EUR 50 million loan agreement with the European Investment Bank in December, 2017.
- Counsel to Goldman Sachs International, as mezzanine arranger, of mezzanine credit facilities provided to Blackstone in connection with its public to private acquisition of Sponda Oyj, with an enterprise value of EUR 3.9 billion, 2017.
- Counsel to SUSI Partners AG in its acquisition of the Tetrituuli Wind Farm in Finland from Ilmatar Windpower Plc, 2017.
Counsel to Schroder (acting on behalf of Schroder Nordic Real Estate Fund) in an acquisition of a portfolio of nine office properties located in the Greater Helsinki area, 2017.
Counsel to Scandic Hotels Group in its EUR 114.5 million acquisition of Restel's hotel operations in Finland, 2017.
Counsel to a fund managed by J.P. Morgan Asset Management in its disposal of a 11,200 sqm office property in Helsinki to a fund managed by Genesta, 2017.
Counsel to Ahlstrom in the combination of Ahlstrom and Munksjö through a merger, 2016.
Counsel to Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of two wind farms in Finland from Maas Capital Renewables and YARD ENERGY, 2016.
Counsel to Powerflute Oyj in relation to its EUR 120 million facilities agreement in July 2016.
- Counsel to Tikkurila Oyj in relation to its EUR 150 million term and revolving facilities agreement in June 2015.
Counsel to Alder Fund I AB in its acquisition of the business of Gasmet Technologies Oy, 2015.
Counsel to Anticimex on the financing of the acquisition of the Enviropest Group, 2015.
Counsel to Rapala VMC Oyj in Bank Debt Facilities in total of € 156 million, 2014.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2016
- Legal Counsel (Secondment), European Investment Bank, (Fall) 2015 – (Spring) 2016
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2014
- LL.M. Finance, Institute for Law and Finance, Goethe University
- Legal Counsel, KPMG Oy Ab, 2011
- Head of the Estonian Office, bnt attorneys at law, 2010
- Master of Laws, University of Turku, 2010