PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Ilona advises clients in the fields of intellectual property law, licensing, media and marketing law, as well as general contract law. Ilona also has experience in litigations, especially related to intellectual property and unfair business practices.
Ilona drafts, negotiates, and interprets commercial agreements, such as sales and purchase agreements, as well as licensing, franchising, R&D, agency, and distribution agreements. Innovation, technology, know-how, e-commerce, marketing, and intellectual property rights are often central to the businesses that Ilona advises.
In 2016-2017, Ilona served as in-house legal counsel on a secondment basis for a large Finnish company manufacturing and selling consumer products.
- Shedding Light on Trade Secrets, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- What Is Your Company’s Brand Protection Strategy and When Was It Last Updated?, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- The Tricky Path of 3D Trademarks – The Finnish Supreme Court Rules on Trademark Protection of the Shape of Goods, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Nordic Consumer Ombudsmen on Consumer Protection in the Digital World, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- EU Provides Means for Solving B2C Disputes Online, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Do Not Rely on the Principle of Restrictive Interpretation – Fresh Finnish Copyright Agreement Case Law, Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Finnish Marketing Law: Sales Cannot Go on Forever. Hannes Snellman Blog, 2017
- Co-author of the "Pitäisikö henkilön kuvan käyttöä säätää lailla?" chapter in IPRinfo 1/2012
- Author of the "Creative Commons-licenserna och deras amerikanska bakgrund" chapter in Tekijänoikeus ja digitaalitalous, WSOYpro 2008
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2012
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Länsi-Uusimaa, 2009 - 2010
- Associate lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2007
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2007
- Trainee, Hannes Snellman, 2007