PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Heikki advises clients on all types of financing transactions with particular focus on bank lending, acquisition financing, real estate and project financing, securitisation, structured financing and issues in the area of property law. Heikki has also been involved in several restructuring assignments and the preparation of security enforcement procedures.
In addition to Heikki's experience within finance he has a special focus on environmental and natural resources law and he has advised on a significant number of highly complex environmental law issues.
- Counsel to OP Yrityspankki Oyj in financing of total EUR 100,000,000 forest asset secured loan facilities in Finland, 2017.
- Counsel to Sampo plc in the financing of Terrafame Ltd, a Finnish multi-metal company producing primarily nickel and zinc by bioheapleaching at its mine located in Sotkamo, 2017.
- Counsel to Lemminkäinen Corporation in the combination of Lemminkäinen Corporation and YIT Corporation through a statutory merger, 2017.
- Counsel to IVG Polar Oy in relation to its EUR 57 million term loan facility agreement, autumn 2016.
- Counsel to Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of two wind farms in Finland from Maas Capital Renewables and YARD ENERGY.
- Counsel to Veolia in a JV with Neste and Borealis to build a new combined heat and power plant and produce and supply steam and other utilities to Neste's refinery and Borealis' petrochemical plant in Porvoo, Finland.
- Counsel to Svenska Handelsbanken AB (publ) in a branch operation in Finland in financing the Hansakortteli properties for the joint venture Kauppakeskus Hansa Ky managed by Exilion.
- Counsel to IVG Immobilien AG in its EUR 1.5 billion refinancing of IVG Immobilien AG, a European real estate group.
- Counsel to Ratos AB in its EUR 97 million acquisition of Ledil Oy from the company founders.
- Counsel to Nordea Bank Finland Plc in the acquisition finance for the acquisition of Neste Oil’s key vessels by companies owned by Finland's National Emergency Supply Agency and Ilmarinen.
- Counsel to Finnprotein Oy in project financing, 2011-2014.
- Counsel to Landesbank Hessen-Thüringen – Financing the purchase of an office portfolio for Niam V Funds managed by Niam AB. The portfolio comprises 17 properties with a total of more than 100,000 sqm in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area, 2012.
- Counsel to an international bank syndicate in project financing related to a greenfield gold mine in northwest Finland.
"Sähköiset panttikirjat rahoitustransaktioissa", article published in the Finnish Bar Association's Defensor Legis Journal N:o 3, 2017, regarding use of electronic mortgage notes in financing transactions.
Co-author with Markus Bremer, "Osakepanttirealisaation toteuttaminen itsekontrahointina", article published in the Finnish Bar Association's Defensor Legis N:o 4, 2010, regarding share pledge enforcement option through private sale to the pledgee.
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish Bar Association
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Counsel, Hannes Snellman, 2017
- Legal Counsel (Secondment), Nordea Pankki Suomi Oyj, (December) 2014 – (March) 2015
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2011
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2007
- Trained on the Bench, District Court of Tuusula, 2006-2007
- Master of Laws, University of Helsinki, 2006