Christopher Tehrani heads our IP litigation and Life Sciences practices in Stockholm.
Christopher has vast experience with IPR litigation in particular regarding patents, trademarks and trade secrets. Christopher often advises transnational clients in a wide range of industries and his experience includes extensive work with numerous high value, cross-border litigations relating to pharmaceuticals, telecom and medical devices.
Christopher also has significant experience in advising life science clients on regulatory issues. Furthermore he regularly advises clients on issues relating to market law, drafting and negotiating of various license agreements as well as on general strategies for commercialization of IP.
- *Counsel to a global pharmaceutical company in defending validity of a patent.
- *Counsel before the Swedish Patent and Market Court in several cases relating to claimed infringement of standard essential patents in the field relating to telecom.
- *Counsel to several transnational companies in patent infringement proceedings.
- *Counsel to two major pharmaceuticals in significant cases relating to imminent infringement of patent rights.
- *Counsel before the Swedish general courts and OHIM in numerous contentious trade mark proceedings.
- *Counsel in a major arbitration regarding royalties to a landmark invention.
- *Counsel to a transnational pharmaceutical group in a high value litigation relating to entitlement to patent applications.
- *Counsel to a global pharmaceutical in case relating to parallel import from Central and Eastern European countries (CEE) and application of the so called Specific Mechanism.
(*=references from prior to joining Hannes Snellman)
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
Member of the Swedish Bar Association
Expert in the Swedish AIPPI focus group on patents and a member of Swedish AIPPI
Member of Licensing Executives Society Scandinavia (LES)
Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
Member of the Swedish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (SFIR)
Member of the Swedish Association on Copyright (SFU)
Member of Young Arbitrators Stockholm (YAS)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Managing Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018
Associate and Senior Associate, Sandart & Partners, 2011-2017
Member of the Swedish Bar Association (Advokat), 2016
Junior Judge, District Court of Stockholm, 2009-2011
Associate, Roschier Attorneys, Ltd., 2008-2009
LL.M, University of Lund, 2004-2008
B.Com, McGill University, 1999-2003