PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Anssi advises clients in the fields of intellectual property law (IP), information and communications technology (ICT), data protection & privacy, e-commerce, media, and sports. In addition, he has been involved in several IP/ICT-driven transactions, and he also regularly assists our M&A lawyers in transactions with respect to IP, ICT, and data protection & privacy related issues.
Anssi has regularly assisted our clients at their offices e.g. through secondments. He has also given lectures and published articles on various topics related to ICT, IP, and data protection & privacy.
During his studies, Anssi spent one semester studying law at Uppsala University in Sweden. Between 2016 and 2017, he was on a study leave and completed an LL.M. in Intellectual Property and Technology at Queen Mary University of London.
- Counsel to Telia Company in its acquisition of AinaCom Oy
Counsel to Asiakastieto Group Plc in its acquisition of UC AB in Sweden (valued EUR 340 million)
Counsel to Humana AB in the acquisition of Arjessa Oy from Sentica Partners and a number of private individuals
Finnish counsel to Telia Company in the divestment of the Sergel Group, a Nordic and Baltic credit management and debt purchase service provider, to Marginalen AB and Marginalen Bank Bankaktiebolag, in a transaction valuing the Sergel Group at SEK 2,070 million (or EUR 222 million) on a cash and debt-free basis
- Counsel to Alder Fund I AB in its acquisition of the business of Gasmet Technologies Oy
- Counsel to Powerflute Oyj in its EUR 102 million acquisition of Corenso United Oy Ltd.
- Counsel to Advent International, ATP and Bain Capital in their DKK 17 billion acquisition of Nets
- Counsel to EQT in the acquisition of Finnish healthcare firm Suomen Terveystalo from Bridgepoint
- Counsel to TeliaSonera Finland Oyj in the acquisition of AinaCom Oy’s consumer and network business
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
Member of the Finnish Sports Law Association
- Member of the Association of Young Lawyers in Finland, Member of the Board 2014-2015
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
- Senior Associate, Hannes Snellman, 2018
- Att0rney at Law, 2018
- LL.M. in IP/IT, Queen Mary University of London, 2017
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2013
- Master of Laws, University of Lapland, 2013
- Legal Trainee, Citycon Oyj, 2012
- Senior Trainee, Castrén & Snellman Attorneys Ltd, 2012
- IP & Tech Trainee, Attorneys at Law Borenius Ltd, 2010-2011