PRACTICE AND EXPERIENCE
Anssi advises clients in the fields of intellectual property law (IP), information and communications technology (ICT), data protection & privacy, e-commerce, media and sports. In addition, he has been involved in several IP/ICT –driven transactions and otherwise regularly assists our M&A lawyers in transactions with respect to IP, ICT and data protection & privacy related issues.
Anssi has given lectures and published articles on various topics related to ICT, IP and data protection & privacy. Since 2014, he has been taking part in the student mentoring programme of the Association of Finnish Lawyers, in which he mentors university students in their academic studies and professional development.
During his studies, Anssi spent one semester studying law at the Uppsala University in Sweden.
Counsel to Humana AB in the acquisition of Arjessa Oy from Sentica Partners and a number of private individuals
Finnish counsel to Telia Company in the divestment of the Sergel Group, a Nordic and Baltic credit management and debt purchase service provider, to Marginalen AB and Marginalen Bank Bankaktiebolag, in a transaction valuing the Sergel Group at SEK 2,070 million (or EUR 222 million) on a cash and debt-free basis
- Counsel to Alder Fund I AB in its acquisition of the business of Gasmet Technologies Oy
- Counsel to Powerflute Oyj in its EUR 102 million acquisition of Corenso United Oy Ltd.
- Counsel to Advent International, ATP and Bain Capital in their DKK 17 billion acquisition of Nets
- Counsel to EQT in the acquisition of Finnish healthcare firm Suomen Terveystalo from Bridgepoint
- Counsel to TeliaSonera Finland Oyj in the acquisition of AinaCom Oy’s consumer and network business
MEMBERSHIPS AND POSITIONS OF TRUST
- Member of the Finnish IT Law Association
- Member of the Association of Finnish Lawyers
Member of the Finnish Sports Law Association
- Member of the Association of Young Lawyers in Finland, Member of the Board 2014-2015
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
LL.M. in IP/IT, Queen Mary University of London, 2017
- Associate Lawyer, Hannes Snellman, 2013
- Master of Laws, University of Lapland, 2013
- Legal Trainee, Citycon Oyj, 2012
- Senior Trainee, Castrén & Snellman Attorneys Ltd, 2012
- IP & Tech Trainee, Attorneys at Law Borenius Ltd, 2010-2011